The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Trailers

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Trailers 

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Exclusive: Eclipse LA Premiere Felicity's Full Report

Tweet This | Share on FaceBook


Hey Everyone,
Kalispera from Athens! This is Felicity's Report from Eclipse's LA Premiere!
Enjoy the scoop!


After 11 Hours to London, 5 hours stop over and another 10 hours to LA, we finally landed at LAX and was picked up by our driver in a Escalade. Immediately I felt like a star. We had plenty to keep us busy till Thursday – the day of the Eclipse Premiere. I could not sleep the night before and was bursting on Thursday. We headed off to the spa and had our hair done, after which we got ready for the Eclipse World Premiere. 
 
Unfortunately, we arrived late and after collecting our tickets and handing in our cameras and cell phones, we went straight into The Nokia Theatre. We watched the end of the red carpet on screens in the cinema. At about 20h30, the lights dimmed and in walked Robert Pattinson. The audience went wild. He was followed by Kristen Stewart & Taylor Lautner, each time the audience screamed. And then, Eclipse was shown. It was the most amazing experience to know I was watching this movie in the same theatre as the stars –all of them seated just in front of me. 
 
The audience showed their appreciation of either the stars or the scenes with a quick clapping of hands or scream (when Taylor was shirtless of course), but they quickly quietened down each time, which allowed us all to enjoy the movie. After the screening, we filed out and collected our cameras and cell phones, which took quite a while. 
 
We then proceeded across the lot to the roof top garage, where a huge tent was erected and the after party was. It wasn’t very crowded when we arrived and we sort of just wandered around. In each corner of the tent, they had raised lounges, which was cordoned off. This was where the stars were, but you could see them and take photos. They had food and drinks available for everyone and great music playing. 
 
As I was walking around, I saw Gil Birmingham just sitting on the side having a drink. Of course I approached him and asked if I could get his autograph and a photo with him. He agreed and then I told him I was from South Africa and he told me he would love to visit one day... Lets hope so! Next I walked past one of the lounges and saw Taylor Lautner in the on the other side. While walking round, I spotted Nikki Reed and Elizabeth Reaser and quickly snapped pics of them. As I approached the other side, I realised that Taylor’s body guards were getting ready for him to leave and I quickly snapped some pics of him. While waiting for him to leave and possibly get a better shot, who should also be leaving – Stephenie Meyer Then Taylor’s body guard made a path for him and guess who they shoved him right past – yours truly!! 
 
Naturally I just put my hand out and softly brushed his jacket. Unfortunately I couldn’t talk to any of them as they were leaving but I got pics at least. So with them gone and realising that the party was ending soon, I walked round and saw Tinsel Korey & Tyson Houseman chatting. Standing next to them was Daniel Cudmore and boy is he huge! Daniel and his date were just leaving and I wanted to stop them and say hi, but I guess I just felt so intimidated by his size! As I stepped back, I literally walked into Cameron Bright. He apologised, I apologised and then he said you aren’t from here. I said no but I’d love to get his autograph and he gave it to me. I asked someone walking past to take a pic of us and told him I’m from South Africa. This led us to having a long conversation about the World Cup and why the red card for Khune (South Africa) was so unfair and that they should start thinking of using technology like they do in rugby and cricket! 
 
At this point I was very grateful that my dad had taught me about sport and I could actually have a conversation about it So thinking this is it, I slowly started heading towards the door, when Kiowa Gordon & his date rushed past me. I turned back and standing among a group of fans was Xavier Samuel. I patiently waited to get his autograph and photo of him, when this short man ran up to him and literally jumped him. 
 
While watching these two men fool about, I realised who this short man was – David Slade. So when they stopped, I had a chance to either speak to Xavier or to David. I decided I’d rather chat to David. I was so nervous to approach him and the first thing I did was tell him I loved his movie and thought he really captured the mood of the book. He thanked me and then I gave him the TeamEdwardPOV key ring and told him that I’m a field reporter for this site and that we are huge fans. He thanked me again. I then told him I travelled all the way from South Africa to be here and that got his attention. He asked me where in SA I was from, and told him Johannesburg. He told me had been to Cape Town a few times but never to Johannesburg and would love to come see it. I told him he really should and that although Cape Town is beautiful with its mountains, Joburg can offer a lot too! I asked if he would give me his autograph and would you believe he actually personalised it for me! WOW!! Then his wife walked up and said isn’t he wonderful and I agreed. She asked if I would like to have my photo taken with him and I said I would love it! 
 
After that, the other ladies I was with wanted to leave and so I had to head home, but all I can say is WOW!! I am so glad I got the opportunity and am planning on going for Breaking Dawn World Premiere next year November!

3 comments:

  1. Bravo Felicity!

    Great job...! Our First Field Journalist :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this report!
    Great job Felicity !! Seems like you had a lot of fun and a great time ;)
    Really awesome!

    ReplyDelete