The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Trailers

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Trailers 

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Michael Sheen's take on family

Tweet This | Share on FaceBook

Hey Everyone!!
Thanks to our elite affiliate Twilight Examiner for the tip.
A brilliant actor and a perfect father= Michael Sheen. I am starting to like him even more:)
via @TwiExaminer via Source

If you've been following Michael Sheen ("Aro") for a while, you will know that the one person who takes precedence over all others is his daughter Lily.
Hey, she's even part of the reason he wanted to do The Twilight Saga: New Moon, and she's undoubtedly, to him, the most important critic of his work as "Aro" in the Twilight series.
Well, he's done a really fascinating write-up of his thoughts on family at The Guardian that is well worth taking a look at.
"I think being a parent is the most challenging thing you do. That's why we're here. It's at the heart of what it is to be a human being. It's the ultimate experience because it questions everything about who you are. But it's difficult. My job takes me away from my daughter, Lily, 11, a lot, so when I am with her the time is really important. When I'm filming, I try to speak to Lily every day and let her know that I'm thinking of her and hopefully stay a presence in her life. Career-wise, lots of things are happening that I've always wanted to happen and I want Lily to have as an example a parent who is enjoying their work and is passionate about their work but at the same time I don't want it to be something that takes me away from her too much".
Read the rest here.
What stands out about Michael Sheen's essay here is that he is so honest and sincere about every word - whether it be related to his role as a parent, to his former relationship with actress Kate Beckinsale (Lily's mother), or his struggles with balancing a life of show business with fatherhood. What a guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment