The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Trailers

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Trailers 

Friday, January 21, 2011

Quilleute Wolfpack Interviews Mariel Belanger aka The Third Wife...

Tweet This | Share on FaceBook

Hey Everyone,
Do you remember the story of The Third Wife? Quilleute Wolfpack had the chance to talk with Mariel Belanger who portrayed The Third Wife in Eclipse. Thanks to our Elite Affie Bella's Diary For The Tip! Enjoy!


Via @BellasDiary From @QuileuteWolfPak




Read some parts of their interview:


QWP: How did you get into acting? What inspired you to go into this field?
Mariel Belanger: I have always loved the feeling live theatre gives you when you’re on stage. I was involved in a few school plays growing up, took drama in high school and got a scholarship to a local theatre school for directing in my senior year. After high school I toured with a local native theatre company. I had a family to take care of and went on hiatus for a few years, getting my education. I went to theatre school for a summer and got re-connected to the overall attachment to acting and slowly made my way into commercials and independents. It’s been a life long passion of mine. I just love being a part of the ‘set family’. Even with 5:30am call times! It’s really the only time a 16 hour work day doesn’t get me down. 
QWP: Many seem to agree that the Twilight saga movies have “opened doors” for Native American actors to more modern roles. What are your thoughts on this?
MB: The saga has definitely opened doors for some actors, I can’t say my role was modern because it wasn’t. I think the only real way doors are going to be opened is if screen writers generalize their characters more. The majority of roles are still written for Caucasian characters even though we live in a bi-racial/multi-ethnic society. The writing/casting needs to reflect that more. 
QWP: How did you prepare for your role as Taha Aki’s Third Wife? Did you know what role she served in the entire storyline of Eclipse, and how did that knowledge affect you in internalizing the character?
MB: I searched the internet for any back story I could find on the Quileute tribe and the role of the Third Wife. I found some amazing stories written by fans – how they envisioned her and her sacrifice. It was great to read, to get a sense of the urgency of her situation, and the immense love she obviously felt for her children. I felt a connection to the character not only as a native woman, but as a fiancĂ© and mother who – given her circumstances, did what she thought would save her family. It was easy to understand her. 


 You can read the whole interview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment